Reddit Super: Teachers, what's the best smart ass response from a student you've heard?

Friday, August 28, 2026

Teachers, what's the best smart ass response from a student you've heard?














                                                                                    











PART 2 👇 



His dad died eight weeks ago. You really think 20 history worksheets about the French Revolution matter to him right now? Structure matters, Mrs. Harrington said. These kids need to learn that life doesn't stop just because something bad happens. That's a valuable lesson. He's 16, I said. He just lost his father. The valuable lesson he's learning right now is that half his teachers care more about their gradebooks than his dead parent. Coach Davidson shifted uncomfortably. Mr. Lopez stared at his hands. Mrs. Harrington's face went red. That's completely unfair. I offered him extensions. The door opened. Devin walked in. He wasn't supposed to be there. But Ms. Nguyen had clearly texted him to come down without telling the rest of us. Mrs. White- Harrington didn't notice him standing by the door. She kept going. These kids need to understand that grief doesn't excuse laziness. My mother died when I was in college and I still graduated on time. Devin stood there for a second. Then he spoke, his voice completely calm. You're absolutely right, Mrs. Harrington. My dad dying was super lazy of me. I should have asked him to schedule his heart attack for summer break. That way it wouldn't inconvenience your lesson plans. Every head in the room turned toward him. Mrs. Harrington's face went from red to white in about two seconds. Devin looked at each teacher, one by one. Mr. Lopez, I'm sorry I didn't stay after school for tutoring. I was too busy planning my dad's funeral and helping my mom figure out how to pay the mortgage. Mrs. Lynn, I'm sorry I zoned out during your lab on cell division. I was thinking about how my dad's cells stopped dividing permanently.













No comments:

Post a Comment

During our divorce hearing.

                                                                  PART 2 👇  Judge read the first page slowly, his eyebrows climbing higher ...