Part 2 ๐
Somebody won't make eye contact. One guy actually pulls me to the side and goes, Man, maybe you should see someone you know about your feelings for her. I said, What feelings? He said, It's okay if you're not over it. I said, I am extremely over it. I don't even remember her middle name. The more I denied it, the more they believed her. That's how it works, apparently. So I do the only thing I know how to do. I move on for real this time. Start talking to Stacy. A girl from the old friend group who just moved back into town. Coffee turns into dinner. Dinner turns into us actually dating. She treats me the way a person is supposed to treat somebody they like. I post one picture with Stacy. Just one. Rebecca comments under it within the hour. How could you date my friend just to get close to me? Girl hasn't spoken to Stacy in years. They weren't even friends anymore. I didn't even respond. I just screenshotted it and kept it moving. Then we get invited to a group get-together. One of those backyard cookout type things where everybody's cousin somehow knows everybody. I'm getting a plate and Rebecca walks straight up on us. Corners us by the drink table. Says I'm harassing her. Says I need to move on. In front of people. In front of Stacy. I had enough. I said, actually, I have something for you. I walk to my car and I come back with a folder. I slam it on the table right there at the cookout. Everybody stops talking. I said, I have proof you've been following me. I open the folder and papers spill out everywhere. People are grabbing them off the ground and the whole yard goes quiet. The photos weren't of her. They were of me stalking her. Tuners out, I was diagnosed with dissociative amnesia when I was young and do things that I don't remember based on my emotions.
No comments:
Post a Comment