Reddit Super: I didn't invite any of my family to my wedding

Sunday, August 30, 2026

I didn't invite any of my family to my wedding

 











                                                                       PART 2 👇 

                                                                                 







PART 2 👇 


three months. Small ceremony at a community center, maybe 60 people total. I didn't send my family anything. Three weeks out, my mom called from a number I didn't recognize. She asked when her invitation was coming. I said exactly what I'd been thinking for years. I knew you'd all be too busy. She started yelling about how dare I exclude them from my own wedding. I hung up and blocked that number too. Then my siblings started messaging from old email addresses and Facebook accounts I'd forgotten about. I kept saying the same thing and blocking them. My therapist told me I was being too harsh, that I'd regret not having them at my wedding. I walked out halfway through that session and didn't go back. Two days before the wedding, my fiance's brother called sounding panicked. My mom had found his Instagram and messaged him asking for the venue address and time. He'd ignored her but wanted to warn me. My fiance and I realized they might actually show up unannounced. We called the community center in a panic. The woman who ran it said they had a second event space in a different building on the same property. She offered to move everything there and keep the original room empty. We sent everyone a text saying there was a last-minute room change due to a plumbing issue. Most people didn't question it. Day of the wedding, I was in the bride's room when my future brother-in-law texted me a picture. My entire family walking into the original building. My parents, all four siblings, their spouses, even their kids all dressed up in wedding clothes. After years of










No comments:

Post a Comment

During our divorce hearing.

                                                                  PART 2 👇  Judge read the first page slowly, his eyebrows climbing higher ...