You will get Reddit Full Stories Here
PART 2 👇
Something cold settled in my chest. Of course. You should go big, actually. What about that steakhouse downtown? The one with the Wagyu? She gasped like I'd just handed her a gift. Are you serious? That place is so expensive. I smiled into the phone. It's your birthday. You deserve it. She laughed. You're the best friend I've ever had. I kept smiling. Invite whoever you want. That night, I showed up to a table of 12 people ordering Wagyu steaks and lobster tails and top-shelf cocktails like someone else was paying. Tyra was glowing at the head of the table, accepting birthday wishes like royalty. When the server brought the check, Tyra didn't even glance at the total before sliding it toward me with a little smile. I looked at the number, looked back at her. I only brought enough to cover my own meal tonight. Her smile flickered but didn't fall. She pulled her card out and handed it to the server with her chin lifted slightly, and the table got quiet. The server came back 30 seconds later. I'm sorry, but the card was declined. Her face flushed red. There must be a mistake. Can you run it again? He nodded and walked away, and it got declined again while everyone pretended to look at their phones. She started doing this nervous laugh. I don't understand what's happening. Things have been so tight lately and I've been struggling so hard just to stay afloat. One of our friends at the end of the table tilted her head. Wait, what do you mean? Aren't you leaving for Cabo next week? The whole table went silent. Tyra's mouth fell open. That's different. I've been saving for that trip for like two years. Another friend leaned forward. What about those bags you posted? The designer ones? Tyra's face went pale. Those were gifts.
PART 2 👇 Judge read the first page slowly, his eyebrows climbing higher ...
No comments:
Post a Comment