Reddit Super: Dads What was your Don't tell mom about this moment.

Thursday, August 13, 2026

Dads What was your Don't tell mom about this moment.


PART 2 ๐Ÿ‘‡


Still puffy cheeks. Nothing was working fast enough. My wife would be home in two hours. I called my sister, a nurse, in complete panic mode. After chewing me out for not going to the hospital, she suggested a cold cucumber mask might help with the residual puffiness. So there I was, with my drowsy seven-year-old lying on the couch with cucumber slices all over her face, still slightly puffy, when my wife walked in two hours early. What's happening? She asked, looking at the bizarre scene. My daughter, still loopy from Benadryl, proudly announced, We're doing spa day because I ate a shrimp and got puffy. I watched all the color drain from my wife's face. You what? And you didn't call me? Or go to the hospital? Her voice was deadly quiet. I tried explaining that it was mild, that I monitored her closely, that I had it under control, but my wife just picked up our daughter, cucumber slices falling everywhere, and drove straight to the pediatrician's office. I spent the night on the couch. For a week, my wife barely spoke to me. What hit hardest was when she finally said, I thought we were partners in keeping her safe. Now I know I can't trust you with that. The pediatrician confirmed my daughter had developed a shellfish allergy, not as severe as my wife's, but real. We now had to carry EpiPens for both of them. The strange twist? My wife's allergist explained that children often develop allergies similar to their parents through shared genetics. If we hadn't discovered it in this controlled way, her first reaction might have been much worse, possibly at a friend's house with no one knowing what was happening. Three months later, my wife admitted that while I should have gone to the Finding out about the allergy early might have prevented something catastrophic. My daughter's now 12, and whenever shellfish comes up, my wife still gives me this look. Not quite forgiveness, not quite anger, but something in between that reminds me how quickly I could have lost everything trying to avoid getting in trouble. Turns out, some things you absolutely should tell mom about, no matter how scared you are of the consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

During our divorce hearing.

                                                                  PART 2 ๐Ÿ‘‡  Judge read the first page slowly, his eyebrows climbing higher ...