Reddit Super: I Laughed at my sister's pregnancy announcement last year in June.

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

I Laughed at my sister's pregnancy announcement last year in June.

 PART 2 :- 


Just stared at her. She knew what today was.

We texted about it three days ago.

She'd said, I'll be there.

Promise. With a heart emoji.

You know what today is, I said quietly.

My voice sounded weird and flat.

She rolled her eyes. Actually rolled them.

I thought this would cheer everyone up.

You can't be sad forever. Life moves on.

And honestly, you've been really difficult to be around lately

with all your therapy talk and crying.

I stood up and walked past her without saying anything.

I went back to the table, blew out the candle,

picked up Riley's picture,

and told everyone I needed them to leave.

My mom started crying. My dad looked confused.

Trevor started ushering people toward the door.

Megan grabbed one of her cupcakes on the way out and said,

this is ridiculous. Loud enough for the neighbours to probably hear.

The next morning, I posted one photo on Instagram.

Just the table, the frame,

the candle, the lasagna nobody ate.

The caption was, in case anyone was wondering how last night went,

that's it. I didn't tag Megan,

didn't mention her name. Just that one sentence.

Within two hours, Megan's best friend Ashley commented, wait,

what happened? Then more people started asking.

Megan's other friends who knew what the dinner was for,

started putting pieces together.

Someone commented, oh,

no, she didn't,

and it got 40 likes. My phone started blowing up.

Megan called six times, texted things like,

take that, Post down right now,

and you're making me look like a monster,

and Mom's furious at you. I didn't answer any of it.

I turned my phone off,

and Trevor and I watched old episodes of The office

and ate leftover lasagna cold,

straight from the pan. Three days later,

my mom showed up at my apartment.

I thought she was coming to yell at me.

she hugged me for like 5 minutes straight in my doorway and said,

should have said something that night.

I'm sorry.

Turns out Megan had been telling people I was jealous and unstable,

but enough people knew the real story

her own friends started questioning why she do that.

One of them apparently told her it was really messed up,

and Megan lost it and blocked half her friend group.

Last week, Megan sent one more text.

I'm your sister. You're supposed to be happy for me.

You're ruining what should be the best time of my life.

I finally replied. Just 5 words.

You knew what today was. She hasn't responded.








No comments:

Post a Comment

During our divorce hearing.

                                                                  PART 2 👇  Judge read the first page slowly, his eyebrows climbing higher ...