PART 2 👇
like down to every stone and scratch, and that is it. My sister's tone shifted to something more patronizing. Grandma, I know you think you recognize it, but you're getting a little confused. It happens sometimes, and there's nothing wrong with that. My father nodded sympathetically and said, she's right, mom, it's nothing to be embarrassed about. My grandmother looked around the table at her own family, telling her she couldn't trust her own eyes, and said, I am not confused. My partner spoke up quietly and said, she does seem pretty certain about this. The whole table turned to look at them like they had just committed a crime by not falling in line. My mother let out this long, exhausted sigh and said, this is getting embarrassing for everyone. My sister threw her hands up and asked, why are you so obsessed with ruining my Christmas over a piece of jewelry? Then my mother turned to my father like grandma wasn't even in the room and said, My sister nodded eagerly and added, It might be time to look into some options because this kind of confusion is only going to keep happening. I watched my grandmother's hands start to tremble and I couldn't take it anymore. I told them to stop. My partner added, My mother's eyes narrowed as she said, to stop. My partner added, this is really cruel. She's your mother. They turned on us instantly. My mother's eyes narrowed as she said, you put these ideas in her head. You're always stirring up drama because you can't stand not being the center of attention. My sister laughed and said, even if the ring was meant for you at some point, why should you get everything handed to you? You're not even engaged. I'm the one actually building a future with someone. My grandmother went completely quiet while everyone talked over each other. Then she cut through all of it with one question. What is engraved inside the band? My sister's whole body went stiff. My mother opened
CLICK HERE FOR PART 3 👈
No comments:
Post a Comment