You will get Reddit Full Stories Here
PART 2 👇
Then I rehearsed. I made up stories about servers I never touched and outages I never fixed. And I practiced them out loud in my car until I believed them myself. Two weeks later, I had an interview with a remote IT company. The manager asked about my old job and I lied straight into the webcam with a calm voice and shaking hands. The offer came the next morning. Triple anything I'd ever made. I cried in my car after signing it. Then I called my mom and told her I finally got one. And she cried too. And I felt like the worst son alive because she was proud of a lie. Then the fear showed up. I gave myself 90 days before somebody figured it out. So I decided if I was going down, I was going down as the hardest worker they had ever seen. I studied every single night. Weekends too. I was first to log on every morning and last off every night. I took every ticket nobody wanted. The boring ones. The nightmare ones. The 2am ones. The close calls almost killed me. Week 3. HR sent me a form that said employment verification. And I did not breathe for a full minute before I saw it was just tax paperwork. Month 2. At a virtual happy hour, a co-worker asked what my old company was like. I told a story I had rehearsed so many times it came out smooth. He laughed at the right parts. I felt sick for two days. Month four, the company announced they were switching background check vendors, and I spent a whole week waiting for an email that never came. But here is the thing nobody tells you. Fear is one hell of a work ethic. Six months in, my numbers were the best on the entire team. Not close. The best.
PART 3 👇
up stories about servers I never touched and outages I never fixed. And I practiced them out loud in my car until I believed them myself. Two weeks later, I had an interview with a remote IT company. The manager asked about my old job and I lied straight into the webcam with a calm voice and shaking hands. The offer came the next morning. Triple anything I'd ever made. I cried in my car after signing it. Then I called my mom and told her I finally got one. And she cried too. And I felt like the worst son alive because she was proud of a lie. Then the fear showed up. I gave myself 90 days before somebody figured it out. So I decided if I was going down, I was going down as the hardest worker they had ever seen. I studied every single night. Weekends too. I was first to log on every morning and last off every night. I took every ticket nobody wanted. The boring ones. The nightmare ones. The 2am ones. The close calls almost killed me. Week 3. HR sent me a form that said employment verification. And I did not breathe for a full minute before I saw it was just tax paperwork. Month 2. At a virtual happy hour, a co-worker asked what my old company was like. I told a story I had rehearsed so many times it came out smooth. He laughed at the right parts. I felt sick for two days. Month four, the company announced they were switching background check vendors, and I spent a whole week waiting for an email that never came. But here is the thing nobody tells you. Fear is one hell of a work ethic. Six months in, my numbers were the best on the entire team. Not close. The best.
Click Here for PART 4 👈
PART 2 👇 Judge read the first page slowly, his eyebrows climbing higher ...
No comments:
Post a Comment