PART 2 👇
Lily carefully wrapped old dishes while Kyle walked around looking bored. Then he picked up an old fireplace poker and started swinging it. I told him to stop. He ignored me. I warned him again. He rolled his eyes. Seconds later, he swung harder and smashed the glass door of an antique cabinet. The crash echoed through the house. Everyone rushed into the room. Linda looked at the broken cabinet. Then she looked at Lily. What did you do now? That was the moment I stopped staying quiet. I pulled out my phone. I have the video. Linda frowned. What video? The security camera. My grandfather had installed cameras years earlier after a break-in. My dad had kept one active during renovations and showed me how to access the recordings. I opened the footage. Everyone gathered around. The video showed Kyle swinging the poker. It showed me telling him to stop. It showed him breaking the cabinet. The room went completely silent. Linda finally said he didn't mean it. I looked at her. But Lily did. She opened her mouth. Nothing came out. My dad handed Kyle a broom. Clean it up. For once, Linda didn't defend him. I thought maybe she finally understood. I was wrong. Two days later, Linda posted online about how kids today have no respect for family belongings. She never mentioned Kyle. Instead, she hinted that some parents failed to teach their children responsibility. Everyone knew exactly who she was blaming. So I shared the truth. I uploaded three short clips from the security footage. The first showed Kyle breaking the cabinet. The second showed Linda blaming Lily before asking any questions. The third showed Kyle admitting what happened. I didn't add insults. I didn't attack her. I only wrote. Before anyone remembers this differently, within hours, relatives started messaging me. My cousins apologized. My uncle admitted he had noticed Linda's behavior but
No comments:
Post a Comment