Reddit Super: How did someone fail miserably at trying to outsmart you?

Saturday, August 15, 2026

How did someone fail miserably at trying to outsmart you?



   https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTDFgepJu/


 Part 2 👇


He meant everything properly for my records. Hope you don't mind if I take some detailed photos? Sure, sure, Mark said, though he looked increasingly uncomfortable. As I walked around his Tesla with my phone, taking pictures from every angle, I noticed something that made me bite back a laugh. The repair estimate he'd shown me was dated for the previous Tuesday, three full days before the storm had even hit our area. I also noticed his car was parked in the exact same spot it had been for weeks, nowhere near my oak tree. If a tree that size had actually fallen, there would be broken branches, disturbed ground, something. But my yard looked pristine. Hey, Mark, I said casually, still holding up the estimate. I'm a little confused about something. This repair quote is dated last Tuesday, but the storm didn't hit until Friday night. The color drained from his face instantly. Oh, that's, well, that's just when I got the initial assessment quote. You know, for insurance purposes. Initial assessment for damage that hadn't happened yet? I asked, raising an eyebrow. Mark started stammering. I mean, I was planning to get it looked at anyway, and then when the tree fell, I pulled out my phone and opened my security camera app. Wanna see something interesting? I've got footage of my backyard from the entire storm. Mark went completely silent as I showed him the video. Clear as day, you could see my oak tree standing firm through the whole storm. No falling, no damage, nothing. His Tesla wasn't even visible in the frame because it was parked too far away. The tree never fell, Mark. And looking at this footage, your car had those exact same scratches and that dent three weeks ago. I can see them in the older recordings. Mark's mouth opened and closed like a fish. This is, there must be some mistake. The only mistake, I said, was thinking you could scam someone who removes trees.


https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTDFg1PHd/


PART 3 👇


He meant everything properly for my records. Hope you don't mind if I take some detailed photos? Sure, sure, Mark said, though he looked increasingly uncomfortable. As I walked around his Tesla with my phone, taking pictures from every angle, I noticed something that made me bite back a laugh. The repair estimate he'd shown me was dated for the previous Tuesday, three full days before the storm had even hit our area. I also noticed his car was parked in the exact same spot it had been for weeks, nowhere near my oak tree. If a tree that size had actually fallen, there would be broken branches, disturbed ground, something. But my yard looked pristine. Hey, Mark, I said casually, still holding up the estimate. I'm a little confused about something. This repair quote is dated last Tuesday, but the storm didn't hit until Friday night. The color drained from his face instantly. Oh, that's, well, that's just when I got the initial assessment quote. You know, for insurance purposes. Initial assessment for damage that hadn't happened yet? I asked, raising an eyebrow. Mark started stammering. I mean, I was planning to get it looked at anyway, and then when the tree fell, I pulled out my phone and opened my security camera app. Wanna see something interesting? I've got footage of my backyard from the entire storm. Mark went completely silent as I showed him the video. Clear as day, you could see my oak tree standing firm through the whole storm. No falling, no damage, nothing. His Tesla wasn't even visible in the frame because it was parked too far away. The tree never fell, Mark. And looking at this footage, your car had those exact same scratches and that dent three weeks ago. I can see them in the older recordings. Mark's mouth opened and closed like a fish. This is, there must be some mistake. The only mistake, I said, was thinking you could scam someone who removes trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

During our divorce hearing.

                                                                  PART 2 👇  Judge read the first page slowly, his eyebrows climbing higher ...