PART 2 👇
You're emotionally abusing her by withholding affection. She set a boundary. I'm respecting it. But you always did more before. So let me get this straight. She can't do dishes, pay bills, or reciprocate effort because that's just who she is. But I'm required to compensate forever? Yes, that's what love is. No, that's what enabling is. The real crisis came when the landlord called about rent. I paid my half already. Meredith should be paying her half separately. 20 minutes later, my phone exploded. You're trying to make me homeless. This is abusive. When I got home, she was waiting. You have to pay the rent. No, I paid my half. You're responsible for yours. I don't have $750. Sounds like a you problem. How can you be so cruel? I'm treating you like the independent adult you claim to be. Her dad called an hour later. What's this about refusing to pay rent? I paid my half. Your daughter told me to stop trying to change her. She struggles with financial responsibility. I've accepted that. So you're going to let her be evicted? where I'm expected to be a caretaker, not a partner. Wait, we can work this out. I'll try harder. This is who you are, remember? I'm not asking you to change.
No comments:
Post a Comment